Job description:So you have splashed out on a new television and you want to make some savings by installing the satellite dish yourself. Here is a guide to help you to learn how.
- Spirit level
- Mounting bracket
- Satellite dish kit
1. Decide where you want to place your TV Satellite. It's advisable to install it about 30m from your television and it needs to face south to pick up Astra 2A, 2B, 2D and Eurobird satellites.
2. Make sure there are no obstruction between your dish and the satellites.This website www.dishpointer.com will give you bearings.
3. Start by fixing the base perpendicular to a flat wall. Check that the area is free of electrical wiring or plumbing.
4. Drill holes into the wall to secure the wall bracket.
5. In order to secure the mount, fill the holes with sealant .
6. Once the dish is secured, drill holes through the wall to run the cables down the wall to the room where the television will be.
7. Then, plug the satellite receiver cable into your TV’s cable input
8. Tune in your satellite with one person watching the screen while another person moves the dish slowly. The signal and quality strength must be above 50%. Please note that if the signal quality is low on screen but the strength is high you are aligned to the wrong satellite.
9. Tighten up the dish to complete the installation. We have covered the LNB with a small plastic sheet in order to protect it from the rain.
10. Once you’ve secured a signal, tighten the satellite dish to the mounting bracket. You can always loosen the bolts on the bracket to adjust the signal strength reading and tighten it once you’ve secured a stronger signal
Unless you are good at DIY, you might want to contact a local satellite specialist.
The information provided in this guide is to be used strictly for guidance only. We recommend you always read the manufacturer's instructions.