When you have to keep on letting your dog or cat in and out of the house it can be annoying. Installing a pet door is a simple easy solution. Here's how to create an opening in a few steps.Skill level: 1 – Beginner Materials required:
Step by step guide to installing a pet door:
1. As pet doors can vary in size, it's a good idea to measure your pet at their highest and widest parts of their body. Select a pet door that is at least 2 inches higher and 2 inches wider than your pet.
2. Stick a template on the door, normally a few inches from the bottom of the door and trace the outline of the template. Make sure to mark each corner outside the outline.
3. Drill holes on the marks for the exterior door mount and then holes for screws.
4. With a jigsaw cut along the outline.
5. Fix the exterior pet door frame against the outside of the door and then fix the inside pet frame and screw it in place.
You will need to train your pet for a while to teach him to come in and out.
Unless you are good at DIY, you might want to contact a local carpenter.
The information provided in this guide is to be used strictly for guidance only. We recommend you always read the manufacturer's instructions.